The biggest hurdle of turning marketing tactics by a digital marketing agency into real foot traffic is that it is a laborious process of constant and concentrate efforts, whose results depend upon a plethora of factors. Today, we are looking for one of the easiest and most direct ways to stay in touch with customers: Google.
Unlike content on other major social platforms, Google’s business contributions are designed for what people already search for, like content for other social media platforms. Don’t compete with viral, clickbaity headlines, it wouldn’t do you any good – share photos of your company and product with your friends and family instead. Having said that, let us look into the process by which you can create the best Google My Business Posts.
Personalize Your Business Profile
This is the next step: tweak your Google business profile with the latest details and post it in the right order. It is worth spending time and effort to include minute details as it is one of the most important parts of your profile. Moreover, a GMB is pretty much the opposite of a YouTube channel, as it’s not even the most popular channel on the site. The benefits are high, the time required, the know-how and the associated costs are low, but the risks are not.
Consider how to create the best Google My Business posts to communicate with your customers, improving their experience and your bottom line at the same time. Get the latest information on how to expand your social media presence with the latest news, tips, tricks and best practices from Google My Business.
Ideal GMB posts are dedicated to communicating with people who are actively looking for information about your business or businesses like yours. One reason GMB posts are so important is that Google prioritizes the quality of the data in its search results, making sure you give customers what they want, which can significantly improve your search results.
Managing Posting and Brand Proliferation
Now that you have set up your Google My Business profile, you can post by logging into Google Business, downloading the Google Business Mobile app, or using certain apps to integrate your GMB strategy with other social media marketing channels. Here’s a quick and easy step-by-step guide.
- From the menu, click Posts and select your post type, then click “Contribution to Google My Business” and then click “Submit” in the upper right corner. A GMB post contains at least one image, text, and a clear call to action (e.g. a link to a website or blog post). The time limit also includes a minimum of two hours for the first contribution and a maximum of three hours for each subsequent contribution.
- This means that the more complex the task, the better, but it is also the most important part of your business. You can also insert a coupon code, but again you must specify the start and end dates.
- Announcements about a new product or service or a special offer, such as a free gift, discount or free shipping can also be added. GMB also offers a COVID-19 update tab until Spring 2021, wherein you can update business hours, customize service options and plan pickup times.
Chances are your audience will actively seek out the information you offer and take an active interest in your performance marketing services -, hence, you don’t have to be too conspicuous.
Tips and Tricks
Some methods work well, and other methods are better than others, but here are some good tips you should consider to find the best GMB posts for your business.
- Since posts have a character limit of 1500 characters, try to keep things short and direct.
- To send your message as soon as possible, your first 7 – 8 words are displayed below the fold, and users click through to read more. If you do not have a very good reason, you should avoid writing more than 150-300 characters unless you have to.
- For GMB, hashtags are unnecessary and irrelevant, but a few brand emojis can be a nice touch. All photos/videos you upload to your post should be in the same colour scheme as the other posts and as much as you can manage.
- The title of your article could be crucial for new customers trying to choose their place on the street. The absolute best presentation of your company’s unique qualities, from its unique product or service to its distinctive design, to turn seekers into customers.
- Google has a number of CTA buttons that are available for a variety of different content, from a simple “Hello” button to an advanced one. The options are varied and depend on the type of mail, but the default is “buy now” and “learn more”.
- When listing an event or offer, you must specify the time and date of the event/offer and whether it is valid. The post can be archived if it has a specific date range, such as a single day, week, month, year, or even a whole month.
In the meantime, experiment with different types of posts to see what works best for your time and when you post.