One of the most important ranking factors that major search engine algorithms tend to focus on is the quality and type of content posted on web pages. In fact, capitalizing on this single important factor can help website owners to enhance the standing of their site across search engine result pages in a significant manner. However, in order to attain the desired results for their client site, it is important for an SEO services company in Gurgaon to understand as to how search engines perceive quality content. Gaining awareness about whether the search engines prefer context over keyword frequency or content depth over its length, is essential for the website owners to be able to truly influence this vital Google ranking factor.
1. Topics Discussed in Content – A Key Parameter
Amongst the various parameters that define quality content, the topics of discussion, hold, perhaps the greatest significance. This can be better understood by considering a hypothetical scenario of analysing the search results for a specific search term. It is often observed that while the top ranking websites discuss a wide range of topics, there is at least one topic that is covered by them all. Identifying this topic and prioritizing the same can prove to be the key to get the highest quality results that will also satisfy the intent of the people performing a search in the first place.
2. Identifying the Topics to be Prioritized
Now the big question that website owners face is that of identifying the topics that they should give top priority for optimization to enhancing their SERP rankings. Sadly there is no sure shot way for an SEO company to pinpoint such topics for different websites. There, however, are some effective methods to complete the process and get the desired results. These methods are discussed in brief as follows:
- Manual Analysis – This method comprises of checking out the various topics discussed in all the top ranking results and then making a comprehensive list of the topics that are common across different results. This will then help them identify the topics that are common across all results and which they also need to prioritize in their content to get similar results.
- With the Help of Technology – Technology can help simplify the process of identifying the topics to be prioritized for specific search terms and thus help save valuable time and efforts. Applications such as SEMrush and MarketMuse can provide reliable help and guidance to website owners about selecting the most appropriate topics for specific keywords to get better SERP ranking.
3. Process of Content Optimization
Contrary to the popular belief, the process of content optimization is not just about ensuring the relevancy and quality of content. Rather, the process comprises of the following aspects, which collectively contribute towards enhancing the website rankings across search engine results.
4. Identify Content That is Worth Optimizing
Not all content might attract user attention or influence their buying decisions in a similar manner. Trying to optimize the entire content, will not only cost much in terms of effort and time but will also not provide the expected results. Rather, it is important for an SEO agency, to conduct a thorough analysis of the content that is actually able to attract user attention and hence is worth optimizing.
5. Evaluate the Existing Content
One of the most common mistakes committed by website owners is that of ignoring their existing content or even discarding it as useless. This can prove to be quite expensive both in terms of money and the effort involved. A better way is to evaluate this existing content and before rejecting it as useless. The website owners might be surprised to find that the same content can be optimized by making simple changes or updating new facts into it to get the desired ranking results.
6. Conduct Research to Cover Topic Gaps
Website owners need to keep themselves constantly updated about the topics that they might have left out as well as the ones that their competitors are focusing on. In this respect, they can use the aforementioned methods of identifying the most suitable topics for optimization and focus on prioritizing them in their content optimization strategies for getting the desired ranking results.
7. Rewrite & Reuse Old Content
Over the past several months, digital marketing experts have been educating their clients about the numerous benefits to be exploited by reusing and rewriting old content. The website owners need to understand that rewriting the old content in the current context with fresh examples will only help to enhance its effectiveness and ensure better optimization outcomes.
8. Pay Attention to Content Depth & Breadth of Topic Coverage
Finally, the content optimization process also requires the website owners to pay great attention to its depth and breadth of topic coverage. This provides the content with a competitive advantage, which are not only identified but also accepted by most search engine algorithms for better rankings.